Installing Addons for the Mac OS X - Posted Thursday, 31st August 2006 by Don
This simple installation guide, based on Geat_Masta's walkthrough from the Creatures Wiki, will ensure that Mac users can make the most of this year's Festival as well.
To install third party files - such as breeds, agents or metarooms - you need to follow these steps:
- Find the Creatures 3 or DockingStation application - They should be located in your 'Hard Drive/Applications' folder.
- Control (right) click on either the Creatures 3 or DockingStation icon.
- Select "Show Package Contents" from the menu, (third item from the top).
- Open the 'Contents' folder, then open the 'MacOS' folder.
- Open the 'data' folder. (Creating a shortcut or alias to this folder is highly recommended. You'll be visiting here often.)
* Drop .agent files into the 'My Agents' folder
* Drop .cos files into the 'Boostrap/010 Docking Station' for DS.
* Drop .cos files into the 'Bootstrap/001 World' folder for C3.
- Load the game and go to the Comms Room (DS) or to Engineering (C3) to inject your new agent.
- Once you have injected the agent, check your 'UserName/Library/Preferences/Creatures Labs/Docking Station' (DS) or
'Creatures 3/data/Catalogue' (C3) folder for any new .catalogue files.
- Move any new .catalogue files (found in step 7 above) to
'Hard Drive/Applications/Docking Station' (DS) or
'Creatures 3/Contents/MacOS/data/Catalogue' (C3).
That's it, you are done!
[English] [Français] [Deutsch]