We have one last CCSF event to unveil - the logic puzzle! Can you solve it?
Oh, dear! A particular Shee went to sleep for a while, and awoke to find that his norns had accidentally damaged his computer system. Now he has four eggs, each with a different pattern, but his records of which of his four females laid each egg, where it was laid, and in what season it was laid, are all mixed up! He has managed to get the following information from his damaged records. Can you help him sort out his eggs? Figure out the breed of the egg's mother, where it was laid, and when it was laid.
1. The egg with the checked pattern, the egg that was laid in fall, and the Bengal mother's egg are three different eggs.
2. The Harlequin mother's egg was laid earlier in the year before the egg laid in the desert. (The year starts in spring in the Shee calendar.)
3. Of the Harlequin mother's egg and the egg that was laid in sping, one is cream and the other was laid in the corridor.
4. The egg laid in the desert is checked.
5. The Astro mother's egg is either the egg laid in the desert or the egg that laid in fall.
6. The Bengal mother's egg is striped.
7. The egg laid in the corridor is not striped.
8. The Harlequin mother's egg is either the egg laid in the desert or the egg laid in the meso.
Send your solutions to the CCSF email (ccsf.2016 at yahoo dot com) with the subject line 'Logic Puzzle Solution' by 11:59:59PM PST on Sunday, December 18th, and if you're right, you could win a prize. Solutions may be sent either as a filled-in grid or as text ("The yellow egg was laid by this mother in this season at this place....").